Monday, September 28, 2009

La Jugo de La Vida

Valued readers (there are now 7 of you)!

 Since the likely hood of me getting an offer to do a column for The New York Times seems to be looming ever closer thanks to the explosive growth of my modest little blog, I feel it is my duty as your guide to Appalachian State University to tell you about the greatest place on earth before I am whisked off to NYC.

 Sorry Walt, but it’s not Disney World. 

 In my humble opinion (which isn’t really that humble), BeansTalk on King Street is without question my favorite place in the entire world.  For those of you that don’t know, BeansTalk is a coffee shop right across from campus. It is a two-story building, but is still only about the size of my future apartment in NYC, small.

 Let me give you a little context as to why I proclaim BeansTalk to be the possible site of the second coming.

 If Congress were to pass a law tomorrow criminalizing the consumption of coffee beans, I would be the first to start a Coffee Cartel, smuggling that sweet elixir of life into our country for consumption by sleep deprived college students everywhere! Make no mistake valued readers, I would happily do hard time, as long as it meant I was able to wake up to a hot cup of Joe.

 So do yourself a favor and visit BeansTalk the next time you pass through Boone. Ask for an Iced Mocha Chai (it’s a combination of a Café Mocha and a Café Chai). It taste like Christmas and frankly, its life changing.  

 After you’ve grabbed you drink, go up the stairs to the warm and relaxing sitting area and look for me. I’m the tall skinny guy sitting in front of his Mac, not doing his math homework (God, this continues to be a really negative trend in my life…). 

No comments:

Post a Comment