Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Peace and Quiet…right…

I’m doing something right now that rarely happens. I’m doing work in the lounge on my floor. This is such a rarity because this room is typically over flowing with my hall mates and there is only so much loud talking and projectile food I can handle before I lose it.

 However, at this moment, things are a bit different. I live in Green Living Community (no, I’m not a hippie. We will talk about that at a later date) and we have to take a freshman seminar class titled “Contemporary Green Living.” That class is held every Monday and Wednesday at 3:30, and it is now 4:25 on Wednesday, so put two and two together: I skipped.

 While Appalachian State University nor myself condone class skipping, I will say that when you are tired from writing a COMM paper the night before and don’t feel like talking about a VERY poorly written summer reading book (*cough cough* Three Cups of Tea) you just skip and chill out in the empty, QUIET lounge and write your blog!

 So basically, I am hurting my academic carrier so that I can write for the 3 people that are reading this (thanks Mom and Grandma).

 Forget about quiet and alone time in college. It’s going to be term papers and blaring blue grass from the room next to yours from here on out. Well, if you get in that is...

 So get off the computer and go study! But check back soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment